

OUT LIKE A LION
It rained more during the month of March than any other month on record. Yesterday I went to have hot chocolate with dear friend Lisa; big mistake. I was sloshing through puddles in the pouring rain- holding the umbrella exclusively over the stroller so that Fiona wouldn't drown while raindrops dripped down my face. People were walking past us with expressions ranging from "Poor, pathetic woman" to "What a moron."
Anyway, I was thinking that perhaps the rain has something to do with the ipod playing the falling rain white noise. Could it be like a contemporary Chilean rainstick... and we've been inadvertently beckoning the clouds to pour? Hmm...

2 Comments:
Oh, H! You went to Rockridge Kids afterwards, didn't you? People, that is two huge blocks from where we met for cocoa.
I'm sick of this rain, too. H, can you cue that magical iPod to sounds of birds chirping?
Dear Heather& Fiona,
This is of course several days after these comments and pictures were sent, but I wanted to let you know what my thoughts were when I saw and read that day's sharing.
When your grandmother, Patty was just a little over 1 yr. old, we were living in Mt. Pleasant, MI. It was a very cold winter--we did not see the ground until May that year--it was buried under several feet of snow! We had not lived in Michigan before that year so I didn't realize how cold it could get. One afternoon I put on Patty's snowsuit (which wasn't warm enough) and put her in the sled and walked about 10 blocks to town. When I realized how cold she was cause her face was RED, I became panicked and worried. As soon as I reached town I went to the office where her dad (Bill-Boppy) worked and was so happy that he could take us home in the truck. Yes, I felt guilty and pretty stupid. Now when she says, "I am so COLD!", I do wonder if she is still cold from that cold day in February, of 1952.
Love,
Gramsie
Post a Comment
<< Home