FIRE GIRL TURNS SIX!
Today Fiona turned six years old.
As I was lying in bed with her (she still prefers to cuddle off to sleep) and I was listening to her sweet, warm breath, I remembered how I used to write about her here. Ironically, after I began the updating a few months ago, we were robbed. It was minimal losses- just electronic equipment, etc. but we lost a lot of family photographs, and I was so grateful that we still have this blog. So when I have a chance I'll try to update.
We had a birthday party for Fiona yesterday. She requested a superhero birthday party, and we went with the theme- big time. All of her friends shared their superhero identities (Fiona's is FIRE GIRL) and signature colors; each child made their own cape. We had a superhero punch that bubbled and brewed (dry ice is just so cool) and Fire Girl's fortress turned red. We had a beautiful birthday circle for her during which she walked around the sun (a candle) with the earth (a globe) six times, and we talked about special things that have happened each year of her life. And then my co-teacher and friend Sara led the children (all 26 of them) in an incredible, beautiful superhero dance adventure at the end of which Fire Girl saved the day. It was a joyful, special day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home