Monday, July 03, 2006




INEFFABLE

I will never be able to write about these feelings as eloquently as I was experiencing them early this morning when I woke at 4:00 a.m. Such is the way with emotions, I suppose. In any case, as I looked back over the photos we've taken of Fiona since she was born, I was stunned by the breadth of her growth; time is already passing remarkably quickly, and with each day she gains new insight and abilities. While her world is still small and cozy (we try to keep it that way, anyway) she is growing at the speed of light. Oh... how fast this goes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I think I know how you feel cause I have just celebrated my 78th birthday, and when I look back on my own life and then of Patty (your mom) and then her five babies who are now beautiful adults; it seems like it was just yesterday when each one entered my life. But that can't be true of course! Still time goes be so fast-first she talks or tries to, then she rolls over, then she scoots, soon she will crawl, walk and run. Just keep on enjoying each moment with Fiona and keep on taking those pictures and keeping your journal. You already know how much they will mean in the years to come to you, John, and Fiona. They mean so much to all of your family. Thank you for allowing Boppy and me to be such a big part of Fiona's life.

Love to you three!

Gramsie and Boppy

7:10 PM  
Blogger Mama H said...

gramsie, your comment brought tears to my eyes. we're so grateful to have the influence of you and boppy, as well as everyone else. it goes by in the blink of an eye. when i look at fiona it is like i can see into both the past and future. i feel this way when i look at john, too. maybe that's how you know it's true love...

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home